Saturday, April 1, 2017

McCall's M6754 Review


Hey everyone! I know it's been a while, but I'm back!! 
I sewed this pattern way back when I was in Gr. 9 and I was not exactly happy with the end result. I came across the pattern recently and decided to give it a second chance using fabric I got from our local fabric store's clearance section for $2/m. 


The two things I didn't like from my first try were the sleeves and the neck. The neckline was extremely bulky and had unreasonably uneven stitching (probably because of the bulk?) and the sleeves were simply horrid. 


This time around, to avoid bulk in the neck area, I only folded the neck in once and stitched it with a straight stitch. For the rest of the garment I used the special stretch stitch setting on my machine, but avoided it here to achieve a cleaner look. 


The sleeves that come with the pattern are not proportional to the rest of the dress. So, instead of sewing the sleeves and side seams according to the pattern instructions, I left them open but still sewed the sleeves to the dress. Then Miranda pinned my sleeves and sides to fit me, and viola! A perfectly fitting bodice!


The hem that I sewed in this dress is one of the best hems I've sewn in my life. I achieved this flawlessly flat hem by first basting it close to the edge. After ironing the basted hem with A LOT of steam, I went in for the top stitching. The only annoying part of this method is that I had to seam rip an entire row of stitching on a circle skirt, which, if you didn't know, is about a mile long.


In all, I am very happy with the results of this second go. I would honestly make this again because I love wearing this dress. This is a fairly easy and wearable pattern, but beware the sleeves.  

XOXO

Zahira

Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. kadangpintar: How to play casino games and more - Kadangpintar
    Play หารายได้เสริม at KADANGPINTAR Casino online. KADANGPINTAR. kadangpintar Welcome to the hottest online casino 바카라 사이트 with exciting games and a great casino atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sports-related content can be particularly engaging when it provides useful information about teams, competitions, and match schedules. The phrase cricbet99sites.com Cricbet99 sports Betting is relevant to readers searching for sports betting terminology and related cricket content. Articles can become more valuable by discussing sporting events, team performance, competition formats, and commonly used terms. I prefer content that remains factual and responsible instead of suggesting guaranteed outcomes. This creates a more informative experience for readers exploring sports-related subjects online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Readers interested in thereddybookclub.com Reddy book win may want to explore the platform information carefully rather than relying on assumptions. Learning about the available features, account process, and applicable conditions can provide a clearer understanding of the service. Online entertainment activities can involve risks, so users should consider their own limits and make responsible decisions. Reviewing the rules and available information beforehand is a practical way to approach any platform with greater awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For users researching mobile access, the phrase 99exch app 99exchcom.com can be useful when looking for information about application features and account connectivity. A detailed article can help explain how mobile access works, what users should check before installation, and which account requirements may apply. I prefer content that provides practical and transparent information. Reviewing compatibility and applicable terms before using an application is always sensible. Clear guidance can make the mobile experience easier to understand for both new and existing users.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers